Lastest Updates

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Arsenal dealt blow as Leipzig confirm Klostermann is in talks over new deal

Arsenal have been handed a transfer blow as RB Leipzig's sporting director confirmed Lukas Klostermann is in talks with the club over a new contract.
Right-back Klostermann had been linked with a move to the Gunners after releasing Stephan Lichtsteiner as a free agent in the summer transfer window.
But due to financial constraints, Unai Emery decided to make signings in other areas in the summer.
However, it was reported that Arsenal were readying another move for the 23-year-old in January with Hector Bellerin still yet to make a Premier League appearance this season.

But German side Leipzig are moving quickly to fend off interest in Klostermann, who has also been on the radar of Atletico Madrid.
Leipzig's sporting director, Markus Krosche, told Bild: 'We have said that we would like to extend Klostermann’s contract, and we are in talks.
'But we don’t feel any pressure. It’s important for me that you talk to the boys early enough for them to have time to think about it.'
Klostermann has impressed consistently in Bundesliga for a number of years now, and his fine form for club has led to him winning five caps for Germany.

No comments:

Pages